Are you looking for a qualified prosthodontist in Mt Kisco, New York? Dr. Jin Sub Oh is a highly skilled and experienced prosthodontist who can provide you with the best dental care possible. He has years of experience delivering esthetic, restorative, and implant dentistry to patients in the Mt. Kisco area.
What is a Prosthodontist?
A prosthodontist is a dentist who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disorders of the teeth and gums. Prosthodontists also specialize in replacing missing teeth with prosthetic substitutes, such as dentures, bridges, and implants.
What is the Difference Between a Dentist and a Prosthodontist?
Dentists and prosthodontists work on teeth, but they have different focus areas. Dentists generally focus on preventive care, such as cleanings and x-rays, filling cavities, and performing other basic procedures. As a prosthodontist, Dr. Oh also provides these essential dentistry treatments and specializes in the more complex processes involved with dental implants and crowns.
Dr. Oh also works with patients who have problems with their bites or who have lost all of their teeth. He has received extensive training in dental surgery and dental appliances from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and Columbia University College of Dental Medicine. No matter how complex or advanced your dental needs, Elim Dentistry has you covered.
What Prosthodontics Services Does Elim Dental Offer in Mt. Kisko?
We offer a wide range of services, including:
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are artificial roots placed into the jawbone to support a replacement tooth, bridge, or denture. Dr. Oh has carefully and successfully placed many dental implants, and he is highly skilled in this procedure.
- Crowns: A crown is a type of dental restoration that covers the entire tooth. Crowns can be made from various materials, including gold, porcelain, and composite resin. Dr. Oh will work with you to choose the best material for your needs.
- Fixed Dental Bridges: A fixed dental bridge is a dental appliance that we use to replace one or more missing teeth. The bridge is held in place by natural teeth or dental implants.
- Dentures: Dentures are removable appliances used to replace missing teeth. We offer two different denture types which can match your needs: partial dentures and complete dentures.
- Bone Grafting: Elim Dental is proud to offer many restorative dental solutions that aren’t available at your typical dental office, including bone grafting. Bone grafting is a procedure used to build the jawbone in preparation for dental implants.
What to expect at Your First Appointment
If you’ve never been to see a prosthodontist before, you may be wondering what to expect. Here’s a quick overview of what you can expect during your first visit to our Mt. Kisco office.
First, we will take a thorough medical history. Your medical history will help us determine if any underlying medical conditions could affect your treatment. Next, Dr. Oh will perform a comprehensive examination of your mouth, teeth, and jaws.
We may also take X-rays or other diagnostic images. We will develop a personalized treatment plan for you based on our findings. Finally, we will explain all of your dental recommendations and answer any questions you may have.
So there you have it! The first appointment with a prosthodontist is generally pretty straightforward. Just be sure to come prepared with any questions about your treatment options.
The Best Prosthodontist in Mt. Kisco
You can trust that Dr. Jin Sub Oh will provide you with the highest quality of care possible. He takes pride in his work and wants his patients to be happy with their results. You won’t find a better Prosthodontist than Dr. Jin Sub Oh.