Our Financial Policy
Thank you for choosing us as your dental provider. We are passionate about your oral dental health and take pride in providing you with information that answers your questions regarding client financial responsibility and the responsibility of the insurance carrier. We have written this financial policy to assist you in being one of our informed patients.
The objective of a financial policy is to establish and maintain a consistent method of financial communication with our patients. Our policy defines the acceptable methods of payments, sets requirements for delayed payments, and clarifies the practice’s policies on a variety of payment-related issues, including insurance assignments.
MINORS WITH TWO SEPARATED PARENTS:
Our office will not be a party to any disputes relating to balances owed for a Minor child (children). All financial aspects relating to dental services must be worked out between the parties prior to the scheduled appointment time and payment made at the time of service. We will not be a party to any dispute between two separated parents. No exceptions will be made.
THIRD PARTY FINANCING:
As a courtesy to our patients, we offer third party financing applications provided by Care Credit. Once the application is completed, Care Credit will review your request. Please note that our office has nothing to do with the approval or denial of your request. The transaction is strictly between you and Care Credit.
DISCOUNT & COURTESIES:
A 5% courtesy discount will be given to patients who have treatment in excess of $3,500 and they pay in full prior to their appointment by cash, money order or cashier’s check.
**Please note that we may require a 25% deposit on any future dental treatment scheduled.
NO SHOWS & SHORT NOTICE CANCELLATION:
Appointments are reserved exclusively for you. If you do not show for your scheduled appointment time, there will be a charge applied to your account. Cancellation fees will be determined based at the discretion of the doctor. A 48 hour notice of cancellation must be given prior to the scheduled appointment time. A message left on our answering machine does not constitute notification of a cancelled appointment. You must speak with one of our team members directly.
There will be a $30.00 returned check fee added to your account balance and is collectible. The office will accept payment of the non sufficient funds by cash, cashier’s check, money order or major credit card only.
TREATMENT POLICY AND INSURANCE
As a courtesy to you, we will file your insurance claim for you. However, you must provide us with your dental insurance card and all required employer information in a timely manner. It is important to remember the following:
- Insurance benefits are determined by your employer and not your dentist or any member of this office.
- Insurance is not a guarantee of payment; insurance companies will not reimburse you or pay for all your costs.
- Your insurance policy is a contract between you and your employer and knowing your benefits is your responsibility.
- All services rendered will be your responsibility and billed o you directly
- A down payment will be expected for services rendered on cases that require outside laboratory work or that requires the doctor to reserve 1hr and 30 minutes or more of her time for your visit
- If an insurance claim has been denied, we will resubmit your claim one time on your behalf.
- If there is an outstanding balance on a family account and the insurance benefit payment is sent to our office, that insurance payment will be applied to the balance.
If you have any questions, please contact our financial coordinator at (914) 242-3906 before your scheduled appointment time.